Sunday, July 12, 2009

Author Interviews that Should Not Be Missed

Our niece is visiting, and we're racing from South Florida attraction to South Florida attraction. Yesterday, Everglades National Park, today the Keys!

For several weeks, I've been meaning to recommend the interviews that Serena Agusto-Cox has done over at the 32 Poems website. Often I read her interviews and discover a new poet. In late June, she interviewed 2 poets whose work I already love: Jeannine Hall Gailey and Steve Schroeder. She also interviewed Alexandra Teague and H. L. Hix. Go here for the list that will get you to each one. She also interviewed Rosemary Winslow here.

I think a good interview has a lot to teach us: about the writer, about our own writing lives, about the larger community of writers. I'm never disappointed when I read the interviews that Serena does.

2 comments:

Serena said...

thanks for posting about these great interviews!

Shefali Shah Choksi said...

thanks; i'll check it out