Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day Gratitude

It's time to turn our attention to turkeys.  I won't write a long essay.  After all, most of us will be off in the kitchen or spending quality time with our loved ones.  At the very least, we should be thinking about what makes us grateful.

What makes me grateful?  Having enough food to eat.  Much of the world can't count on that.




I'm grateful that the planet still sustains life.  While I'm sad for habitat loss, I'm grateful the next generation still has the opportunity so see wild turkeys, even if in improbable places, like church camps:




I'm grateful that children still draw their hands and turn them into turkeys (below, a family tree with turkeys!):





I'm grateful for whimsy of all kinds:




Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: